INS Correspondent
No Comments

Budgam civilian death: Left home to collect money from his customers, returned dead

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

By Imtiyaz Pandow

Budgam: The slain carpenter of Budgam killed on 23 November had left home after leading prayers in a local mosque to collect money from a customer, only to return dead.

Ishfaq Ahmad Ganie,28, a carpenter by profession was home all day working on house roof.

Ganie lives in Magraypora village of central Kashmir’s Budgam district.

Nazir Ahmad Ganie, slain Ishfaq’s father, said that Ishfaq left home after working for the full day at his home to get the roof top done of his residential home.

According to Nazir Ishfaq has left to collect the money from a customer at Bagati Kanipora.

 “While returning to home when Ishfaq reached to Chattergam he chose Sanzipora, Kuzwera -Chattergam route to reach home conveniently and get some necessary items from the local shop at Kuzwera which falls ahead from the spot where Ishfaq was shot on the way when he was riding his Discover 150CC motorcycle,” he said.
According to Nazir the family came to know of this incident after they were informed by a neighbour

“We were informed that Ishfaq is admitted at SDH Chattergam as he has met with an accident,” he said.

Ishfaq was referred to Srinagar for advanced treatment.
Army took Ishfaq to hospital but, his family says that they left him on the mercy of God as there was none attending him at hospital till his family reached SMHS.

“Army did go to hospital to get trolley first, why didn’t they took him in a Casper vehicle they were patrolling in if they were with an intention to rescue him,” he claims.
Ishfaq’s family says that locals heard twenty gunshot sounds.

“At around 8:30 pm Ishfaq was admitted at SKIMS and till 1:30 he was fighting the battle for his life,” they said.

Nazir said that the FIR they filed is ‘just as a formality otherwise we have no hope of justice from this law as there are thousands of such cases waiting to get justice.’
Ishfaq is survived by wife Rafiya and had been married for two years. They had no kids.

Locals who had visited Nazir to offer their condolences said Ishfaq was a pious man and he left home after leading Maghrib Prayers in a local mosque.
Wailing Rafiya, in despair kept crying: “Why did you snatch my beloved from me, Does the killing of my beloved make you happy, Oh cruel Army men.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *