The INS News
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
No Result
View All Result
The INS News
No Result
View All Result
Home News Regional

PO, BA Posts: HC Allows J&K Bank To Open Link For Online Registration

INS Desk by INS Desk
June 29, 2020
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir High Court on Monday allowed the J&K Bank to make available link for online registration of candidature by the prospective candidates pursuant to a fresh notification for 350 probationary officers and 1500 banking associates vacancies.
“The law being that mere participation in the recruitment process does not confer any right of appointment on a candidate, the Court is of the opinion that even if candidature of prospective candidates pursuant to the fresh notification dated 01.06.2020 is registered and the selection process is allowed to be completed upto a certain stage, it would not confer any right of appointment on such candidates,” a bench of Justice Ali Mohammad Magrey said while hearing an application filed by the Bank seeking vacation of the June 15 orders.
“Whether the ultimate selection process should be completed pursuant to the earlier advertisement notification or the subsequent notification would naturally be dependent on the final decision in the writ petition,” the court said.
At this stage, therefore, the Court said it is of the view that it would be appropriate to allow the Bank to open the link and proceed with the selection process.
However, the court made it clear that the final select list of candidates shall not be drawn, issued or published by the Bank unless orders in that regard are sought from the Court “if the matter is not finally decided till then and remains subjudice before the Court.”
The court was hearing a petition filed by as many as 288 aspiring candidates who had participated in the selection process pursuant to a notification on 6 October 2018. The candidates had challenged the notification issued earlier this year by the Bank whereby it notified that the selection process conducted for the posts stands canceled. They have also challenged the fresh recruitment notice.

RELATED POSTS

HCI opens online applications for Haj-2026

No Need to Worry, Timings Not Final, Can Be Adjusted: Edu Minister Sakina Itoo

Tourism in Kashmir reviving after Pahalgam attack: Union Tourism Minister Gajendra Singh

Buy JNews
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Kashmir Reports 2nd Death Due To Covid-19, J&K Toll 96

Next Post

2 Militants Killed In Bijbhera, Toll 42 This Month In South Kashmir

INS Desk

INS Desk

Related Posts

HCI opens online applications for Haj-2026
Regional

HCI opens online applications for Haj-2026

July 8, 2025
Will seek suggestions from all stakeholder on academic session restoration: Sakina Itoo
Regional

No Need to Worry, Timings Not Final, Can Be Adjusted: Edu Minister Sakina Itoo

July 8, 2025
Tourism in Kashmir reviving after Pahalgam attack: Union Tourism Minister Gajendra Singh
Regional

Tourism in Kashmir reviving after Pahalgam attack: Union Tourism Minister Gajendra Singh

July 7, 2025
LG chairs 35th University Council Meeting of SKUAST-K
Regional

Pak wants to derail J&K’s progress, break our unity: LG Sinha

July 7, 2025
3 persons killed in Kishtwar accident
Regional

2 dead, 7 injured in twin accidents

July 7, 2025
Will seek suggestions from all stakeholder on academic session restoration: Sakina Itoo
Regional

Schools to reopen tomorrow: Minister Itoo

July 7, 2025
Next Post
3 militants, 2 soldiers killed as Shopian gunfight ends

2 Militants Killed In Bijbhera, Toll 42 This Month In South Kashmir

Kathua reports first covid-19 death as elderly woman dies at GMC Jammu, J&K Toll 97

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *




In Pictures: Fresh Snowfall In Gulmarg

Mercury Remains Below Normal In Kashmir, Minus 3.5°C In Gulmarg

April 24, 2021
Non-local maid arrested in Sgr on burglary charges: Police

Non-local maid arrested in Sgr on burglary charges: Police

January 17, 2025

LG Condemns Sanjay Kumar’s Killing In Pulwama

February 26, 2023

About

Indian News Service (INS) is the first registered online news portal from the state of Jammu & Kashmir. Our creative team consists of like-minded and socially concerned team of media professionals who carry decades of experience in their field of profession at their back. Our core values have pillars in honesty, empathy, credibility, equality and integrity.

More

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.