The INS News
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
No Result
View All Result
The INS News
No Result
View All Result
Home News Regional

NEET(UG) Re-Exam: Centre temporarily blocks access to Telegram

INS Correspondent by INS Correspondent
June 16, 2026
A A
No petrol without helmet in Anantnag, DC issues order
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Srinagar, June 16: The Central Government has temporarily blocked access to the messaging platform Telegram across India until June 22 as a precautionary measure ahead of the NEET (UG) 2026 re-examination scheduled for June 21, the National Testing Agency (NTA) announced on Tuesday.

RELATED POSTS

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% from September 01

DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian

Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha

According to the NTA, the restriction was imposed following its recommendation to prevent the misuse of Telegram by organised cheating syndicates and to curb the spread of misleading information related to the examination.

The agency said the order was issued under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000, and will remain in force through the examination period and the days immediately following the test.

In addition, Telegram has been instructed to suspend its message-editing feature for users in India until June 30. The NTA stated that the feature had allegedly been exploited in the past to alter previously posted messages and falsely portray them as evidence of question paper leaks after examinations were completed.

Describing the move as a step to safeguard the integrity of the examination process, the NTA said the restrictions are intended to protect candidates from fraud, misinformation and activities linked to examination-related malpractice networks.

The agency also acknowledged the support of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, saying the intervention would contribute to the smooth, secure and transparent conduct of the NEET (UG) 2026 re-examination.

Buy JNews
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

J&K Govt deploys 63 Officers for SANJY-2026 management

Next Post

War on Drugs: Police attach properties worth Rs 1.5 Cr in Sgr

INS Correspondent

INS Correspondent

Related Posts

J&K power tariff hiked by  6.83% from September 01
Regional

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% from September 01

August 22, 2026
DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian
Regional

DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian

August 21, 2026
Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha
Regional

Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha

August 21, 2026
50 JKAS officers appointed as Liaison Officers for 1st IFFJK
Regional

50 JKAS officers appointed as Liaison Officers for 1st IFFJK

August 21, 2026
LG Sinha visits Vibrant Village Karol Krishna in Kathua
Regional

LG Sinha visits Vibrant Village Karol Krishna in Kathua

August 20, 2026
Athwas Presents JKPL Season 3: Uniform launch event held at Royal Springs Golf Course
Regional

Athwas Presents JKPL Season 3: Uniform launch event held at Royal Springs Golf Course

August 20, 2026
Next Post
Properties worth Rs 80 lakhs of peddlers atatched in Budgam

War on Drugs: Police attach properties worth Rs 1.5 Cr in Sgr

Income Tax Dept organises awareness programme on New Income Tax Act, 2025 in Sgr

Income Tax Dept organises awareness programme on New Income Tax Act, 2025 in Sgr

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *




Covid-19 Claims Two More Lives, J&K Toll 135

Roundup: 11-Day-Old Baby Among 10 Die Of Covid-19 In J&K, Toll 181

July 12, 2020

Watch: SSA Teachers protest in Srinagar, Ganderbal, Kupwara

June 9, 2018

LG meets Civil Services qualifiers, urges them to be vital drivers of Progress

September 4, 2020

About

Indian News Service (INS) is the first registered online news portal from the state of Jammu & Kashmir. Our creative team consists of like-minded and socially concerned team of media professionals who carry decades of experience in their field of profession at their back. Our core values have pillars in honesty, empathy, credibility, equality and integrity.

More

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.