INS Desk
No Comments

Journalist’s house gutted in Awantipora

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Pulwama : A residential house belonging to a journalist was completely gutted in a fire incident during the intervening night of 1 and 2 December at Awantipora area of Pulwama district.
Witnesses said that the fire emerged in the residential house of Malik Nissar, the journalist, and soon the property worth lakhs was reduced to ashes.
Talking to INS, Malik said that fire broke out at around 2 a.m., and destroyed everything including electronic gadgets, machineries, cloths, and other household items. He said that fire was caused due to an electric short-circuit.
Malik after losing everything to fire incident has appealed the state government to compensate him on humanitarian basis.
Various organisations including Town Welfare Committee Awantipora and civil society members of Awantipora also appealed the DC Pulwama Ghulam Mohammad Dar to provide immediate relief to the fire victim Malik Nisar.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *