INS Correspondent
No Comments

Threat of transfer is there, J&K Guv says a day after ‘Sajjad Lone CM’ remark

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik has said that he may not lose his job but there was no telling when he would be shifted. The remarks drew attention in the middle of a political flap over his “reveal” on assembly dissolution in Jammu and Kashmir.

“As long as I’m here – it’s not in my hands – I don’t know when I will be transferred from here. I will not lose my job but the threat of transfer is there. As long as I’m here, I assure you, people, that whenever you call me I will come here to pay my tributes,” Malik said at a function in Jammu organized to mark the death anniversary of Girdhari Lal Dogra, a legendary Congress leader, NDTV reported.

Governor was defending his decision to dissolve the Jammu and Kashmir assembly right after receiving two claims to form a government, one from former chief minister Mehbooba Mufti who claimed the support of her rival Omar Abdullah and the Congress, and the other from Sajad Lone, whose two-member party was backed by the BJP. He had earlier also said he feared horse-trading of lawmakers to raise numbers.

Sajad Lone reacted sharply to Malik’s comment. “The Governor can’t rip me apart in the media, his remarks were disrespectful. It is not good that you go on TV and portray every Kashmiri as corrupt. We won’t take it. It was a very disdainful, disrespectful characterization of Kashmiris,” the People’s Conference leader told NDTV on Tuesday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *