INS Monitoring Desk
On the occasion of birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel,PM Modi on Wednesday inaugurated the world’s tallest statue- ‘statue of unity’at Kevadia in Gujrat reports NDTV . PM dedicated the 182-metre statue of Villabhbhai to the nation. The ‘statue of unity’ is built in honour of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.The statue stands on Sadhu Island on the Narmada in Gujrat .
Here are the ten important facts that make ‘statue of unity’ tallest building in the world.
- At 597 feet or 182 metres, the ‘Statue of unity’is the world’s tallest statue.
- It is 177 feet higher than China’s Spring Temple Buddha, which was the tallest statue till now.
- It is twice as tall as the Statue of Liberty in New York.
- The Statue of Unity was built at an estimated cost of Rs. 2,989 crore.
- It was designed by Padma Bhushan-winning sculptor Ram V Sutar and built by construction firm Larsen and Toubro and the state-run Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd (SSNNL).
- It is situated 3.32 kilometers from the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat.
- Iron was collected from all over the country for the statue of Sardar Patel.
- The viewing gallery, at a height of 193 metres, can accommodate 200 visitors at a time.
- A museum dedicated to Sardar Patel, at the base of the structure, will have 40,000 documents, 2,000 pictures and a research centre dedicated to Sardar Patel.
- The panels of the Statue of Unity were cast in a foundry in China.