The INS News
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
No Result
View All Result
The INS News
No Result
View All Result
Home News Jammu

Govt Not To Allow Muharram Procession Through City Centre Tomorrow  

INS Desk by INS Desk
August 6, 2022
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Srinagar, August 6: Authorities have decided not to allow Muharram procession on 8th Muharram through city centre here tomorrow.

RELATED POSTS

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% from September 01

DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian

Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha

In a handout, the police said that the Muharram procession from Guru Bazar to Dal Gate in Srinagar has not been allowed by the authorities.

“General public is requested to respect rule of law and don’t appreciate/endorse any rumour regarding procession or rally,” reads the statement.

Two major processions of 8th and 10th Muharram were banned in 1989 by the then administration. Since then no processions have been allowed till now.

In an order, District Magistrate Srinagar said that decision not to allow the Muharram procession has been taken in a larger public interest and taking into account, among others, intelligence reports.

“Law & order and Security concern of the Union Territory is the top most priority of the Govt. of the Jammu and Kashmir keeping into view the larger public interest and safety of its citizens,” the District Magistrate said, adding, “In view of the facts and circumstances read in conjunction with the reports of Intelligence Agencies thereof, more particularly the security concerns of the District Srinagar with respect to the Muharram, the processions therein cannot be allowed on the Gurubazar toward Buchwara and Abi-Guzar towards Zadibal routes respectively.”

 

Buy JNews
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Rajouri: 4 People Injured In Fire Incident Triggered By LPG Leakage In Govt School

Next Post

Pak hands over 17-year-old’s body at Chakan-Da-Bagh along LoC for last rites by family in Poonch

INS Desk

INS Desk

Related Posts

J&K power tariff hiked by  6.83% from September 01
Regional

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% from September 01

August 22, 2026
DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian
Regional

DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian

August 21, 2026
Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha
Regional

Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha

August 21, 2026
50 JKAS officers appointed as Liaison Officers for 1st IFFJK
Regional

50 JKAS officers appointed as Liaison Officers for 1st IFFJK

August 21, 2026
LG Sinha visits Vibrant Village Karol Krishna in Kathua
Regional

LG Sinha visits Vibrant Village Karol Krishna in Kathua

August 20, 2026
Athwas Presents JKPL Season 3: Uniform launch event held at Royal Springs Golf Course
Regional

Athwas Presents JKPL Season 3: Uniform launch event held at Royal Springs Golf Course

August 20, 2026
Next Post
Youth’s Body Found In Orchard At Shopian

Pak hands over 17-year-old's body at Chakan-Da-Bagh along LoC for last rites by family in Poonch

Vijay Kumar (IPS) to continue as IGP Kashmir




Department of Science Technology conducts awareness programme in Budgam

Department of Science Technology conducts awareness programme in Budgam

October 12, 2022
Calf-Show- cum- Clinic Camp at Budgam village

Calf-Show- cum- Clinic Camp at Budgam village

November 22, 2018
Three policemen, civilian injured in Safa Kadal grenade attack: Police

Eight forces personnel injured in grenade attack in Tral

June 22, 2018

About

Indian News Service (INS) is the first registered online news portal from the state of Jammu & Kashmir. Our creative team consists of like-minded and socially concerned team of media professionals who carry decades of experience in their field of profession at their back. Our core values have pillars in honesty, empathy, credibility, equality and integrity.

More

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.