Srinagar, Mar 23: A student of Government Degree College Bijbhera in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district died of electrocution on Wednesday, official sources said.
They said that student identified as Umar Farooq Ganie son of Farooq Ahmad Ganie from Darigund Srigufwara come in contact with a live wire and got electrocuted. He was shifted to nearly GMC Anantnag where doctors declared him brought dead. Police have reached the spot and investigations are underway, a police official said. “Preliminary investigations suggest that the students were playing volleyball and Umar had gone to retrieve the ball from outside. He went atop the fence wall and due to unbalance, came in contact with the live wire going through it and got electrocuted,” the official added.