The INS News
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
No Result
View All Result
The INS News
No Result
View All Result
Home News Regional

Naikoo’s Killing: Mobile Internet, SMS services remain shut across Kashmir

INS Desk by INS Desk
May 9, 2020
A A
Mobile internet suspended in Anantnag, Kulgam
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

Srinagar, May 9: Restrictions across Kashmir Valley continued on Saturday even as mobile 2G internet and short messaging services (SMS) continued to remain shut in Kashmir Valley on the fourth day following the killing of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen Commander Riyaz Naikoo along with an associate in a gunfight on May 6.
High-Speed internet remains shut in the Valley since August 5 and the Supreme Court of India earlier this week reserved its orders on three petitions, seeking its restoration. The government of India as well J&K administration have opposed the restoration of the 4G services.
Reports said that barring minor clashes in Beighpora Awantipora in Pulwama district, the home town of the slain commander, the situation remained normal across the Valley.
Naikoo and his associate Adil Ahmad were killed in an encounter in Beighpora on Wednesday following which authorities snapped mobile telephone and Internet services in the Valley. However, late last night, the authorities restored the telephony barring Pulwama district while as 2G internet and SMS services continued to be blocked.
Inspector General of Police Kashmir Vijay Kumar told reporters here on Thursday that the measure has been taken as a precautionary measure to prevent problems of “law and order”. He said that the services would be restored as and when situation improves and a decision in this regard would be taken a review meeting.
Soon after the news about Naikoo’s killing spread, restrictions were imposed in most parts of the Valley including this summer capital of J&K.
Even though the Kashmir is under the coronavirus lockdown from last 51 days, additional police and paramilitary forces personnel have been deployed in many sensitive and vulnerable areas of the valley for ensuring peace, they said.

RELATED POSTS

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% from September 01

DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian

Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha

Buy JNews
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

LG chairs high-level meeting to discuss action plan for post lockdown revival

Next Post

Tractor driver killed in Rajouri

INS Desk

INS Desk

Related Posts

J&K power tariff hiked by  6.83% from September 01
Regional

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% from September 01

August 22, 2026
DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian
Regional

DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian

August 21, 2026
Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha
Regional

Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha

August 21, 2026
50 JKAS officers appointed as Liaison Officers for 1st IFFJK
Regional

50 JKAS officers appointed as Liaison Officers for 1st IFFJK

August 21, 2026
LG Sinha visits Vibrant Village Karol Krishna in Kathua
Regional

LG Sinha visits Vibrant Village Karol Krishna in Kathua

August 20, 2026
Athwas Presents JKPL Season 3: Uniform launch event held at Royal Springs Golf Course
Regional

Athwas Presents JKPL Season 3: Uniform launch event held at Royal Springs Golf Course

August 20, 2026
Next Post
02 persons injured in road accidents in Kashmir

Tractor driver killed in Rajouri

2 Nurses Among 13 More Test Positive, Covid-19 Tally Now At 836 In J&K




JRL calls for shutdown on Nov 27

GoI’s aggression has touched ‘alarm level’: JRL, calls for peaceful protest tomorrow

April 12, 2018

Nowgam gunfiht: Two militants killed

October 24, 2018
Students protest continue in Kashmir

IUST students tear gassed, were demanding release of a fellow student

October 18, 2017

About

Indian News Service (INS) is the first registered online news portal from the state of Jammu & Kashmir. Our creative team consists of like-minded and socially concerned team of media professionals who carry decades of experience in their field of profession at their back. Our core values have pillars in honesty, empathy, credibility, equality and integrity.

More

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.