INS Desk
No Comments

Question of ‘intelligence failure’ in Pulwama attack does not arise: MHA

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar: The Ministry of Home Affairs on Wednesday said question of “intelligence failure does not arise” in the attack on paramilitary CRPF convoy near Lethpora on Srinagar-Jammu highway on February 14 this year.
Responding to a question by member Rajya Sabha Syed Nasir Hussain as to whether reasons of Pulwama attack was failure of intelligence, Minister of State in the ministry of home affairs, G. Kishan Reddy said: “No Sir. The question does not arise.”
Asked how the “bomber car joined the highway from a slip road which carried around 300 kgs of explosives?” the MoS said: “Jammu and Kashmir is affected by (militancy) sponsored and supported from across the border for the last three decades. However, owing to the policy of zero tolerance towards (militancy) and sustained action against the (militants) by the security forces, a large number of (militants) have been neutralized during the past few years.”
He said all agencies are working in a coordinated manner and the intelligence inputs are shared among various agencies on real time basis. “The investigation by NIA into the Pulwama attack so far, has resulted in identifying the conspirators, suicide attacker and the vehicle provider.”
Nearly 50 CRPF personnel were killed in the attack on February 14 and according to officials it was carried by Adil Ahmad Dar, a resident of Pulwama who blew up his explosive-laden vehicle, leading to the killings of paramilitary forces.

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *