The INS News
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog
No Result
View All Result
The INS News
No Result
View All Result
Home News Regional

NC says denial of recommendation by SHRC to human shield victim shameless  

INS Correspondent by INS Correspondent
November 6, 2017
A A
‘Human shield victim’, Farooq Dar, denied compensation recommended by SHRC, protests at Press Enclave
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsappTelegramEmail

RELATED POSTS

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% from September 01

DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian

Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha

Srinagar: Opposition National Conference on Monday lashed out at the State Government for not only denying but also ridiculing the SHRC recommendation of issuing compensation to Farooq Ahmed Dar of Beerwah, who was made human shield by army earlier this year.
In a statement, the party said the Home Department’s brazen insensitivity and arrogance was reflective of the State Government’s “shamelessness and hypocrisy” on the matter.
Political Secretary to Working President Tanvir Sadiq said the Home Department’s snub to the SHRC outlined the Mehbooba Mufti Government’s stand on human rights in the State.
“Here is a Government that is ridiculing the recommendations of the State Human Rights’ Commission and questioning the violation of Farooq Dar’s rights despite concrete proof that he was a voted who was used a human shield by the Army. Is the State Government officially condoning the use of human shields in J&K through the Home Department? This is shocking beyond words and has yet again exposed the Chief Minister’s doublespeak and rhetoric”, Tanvir Sadiq said in the statement.
The NC Leader said the State Human Rights Commission had made the recommendations after a proper investigation that established that Farooq Ahmed Dar was an innocent civilian who was not involved in stone pelting and was used as a human shield in clear violation of his basic, fundamental human rights. “Will the Home Department now dictate terms to the SHRC and decided which rights violation merits cognizance and which rights violation is in national interest? Is this the amount of respect a constitutional, quasi-judicial autonomous body enjoys under the Mehbooba Mufti Government? The State Government should just go ahead an disband the SHRC if it can’t allow it to function autonomously and respect its mandate”, Tanvir further said.
“We reiterate our demand that the State Government should ensure Farooq Dar is compensated and the guilty should be brought to book without any further delay. Major Gogoi needs to face trial in a civil court as this situation was not a combat incident and Farooq Dar was an innocent civilian. This latest attempt to cover up this war-crime is shameful and despicable and the Chief Minister is personally answerable,” he said.
Buy JNews
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Pulwama encounter: Army man killed in gun-battle, civilian injured in clashes

Next Post

Mirwaiz among 500 most influential Muslim personalities

INS Correspondent

INS Correspondent

Related Posts

J&K power tariff hiked by  6.83% from September 01
Regional

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% from September 01

August 22, 2026
DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian
Regional

DGP Reviews SOG Preparedness, Interacts with Personnel in Shopian

August 21, 2026
Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha
Regional

Agriculture Emerging as Next Big Frontier for Youth Entrepreneurship: LG Sinha

August 21, 2026
50 JKAS officers appointed as Liaison Officers for 1st IFFJK
Regional

50 JKAS officers appointed as Liaison Officers for 1st IFFJK

August 21, 2026
LG Sinha visits Vibrant Village Karol Krishna in Kathua
Regional

LG Sinha visits Vibrant Village Karol Krishna in Kathua

August 20, 2026
Athwas Presents JKPL Season 3: Uniform launch event held at Royal Springs Golf Course
Regional

Athwas Presents JKPL Season 3: Uniform launch event held at Royal Springs Golf Course

August 20, 2026
Next Post
Mirwaiz ‘glad’ to see youth setting up own ventures against running after govt jobs 

Mirwaiz among 500 most influential Muslim personalities

3 militants, 2 soldiers killed as Shopian gunfight ends

Soldier, 2 ‘Pakistanis’ among 3 militants killed in Pulwama




Stone Pelting More Serious Problem Than Militancy: IGP

Stone Pelting More Serious Problem Than Militancy: IGP

March 22, 2021
02 persons injured in road accidents in Kashmir

18 Persons Injured In Collision Mini-Bus-Truck Collision In Poonch

July 14, 2021
Asiya and Neelofer remembered, Shutdown observed

Civic polls: JRL calls shutdown in Kashmir on October 8

October 3, 2018

About

Indian News Service (INS) is the first registered online news portal from the state of Jammu & Kashmir. Our creative team consists of like-minded and socially concerned team of media professionals who carry decades of experience in their field of profession at their back. Our core values have pillars in honesty, empathy, credibility, equality and integrity.

More

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Regional
    • Srinagar
    • Jammu
    • National
    • World
  • Business & Economy
  • Multimedia
    • Photo Gallery
    • Video Gallery
  • Health
  • Jobs & Careers
  • Press Releases
  • Blog

© 2022 INS News - Designed by GITS.